Sunday, April 1, 2012

Double Trouble


As I continued on my quest to eat at all of the restaurants in Emory Village, I was eager to try Wonderful World. However, as I walked over to the village on Sunday, expecting to have a delicious burger at Wonderful World, I was shocked to see that it was being shut down and that it was being replaced by another Asian noodle house. This was upsetting because I had never had a chance to grab a burger at Wonderful World, even though I had heard from most of my friends that the burgers were quite delicious and unique. The closing of Wonderful World was also disappointing because Emory Village already has an Asian noodle house; literally across the street from Wonderful World is Doc Chey’s. Now the village remains without a burger joint. It boggles my mind that there are going to be two Asian noodle houses and two Starbucks within 200 yards of each other. Emory Village needs more diversity!  
Nevertheless, I ended up eating at Rise-n-dine, which had a typical 30-minute wait. The food at Rise-n-dine was actually well prepared and wholesome. Once inside, the service is prompt and timely. However waiting for breakfast outside of rise-n-dine and being forced to smell the bacon cooking in the kitchen is torturous. The menu was extensive for only serving breakfast and they even had some special dishes that most other breakfast places ignore, such as Nutella pancakes.
Nutella Pancakes and and Egg Sandwich on a buttery biscuit with grilled tomatoes, basil, and bacon.
These Nutella pancakes were the most delicious pancakes I have ever had in my entire life. I have had Nutella crepes before, which were also delicious, but these pancakes were even better. They were smothered in a perfectly thin layer of Nutella, had chopped banana chunks inside and were topped with a mountain of whip cream. Since the pancakes weren’t enough, I also ordered an egg sandwich with grilled tomatoes, basil, and bacon, on a buttery biscuit. The biscuit melted in my mouth and complimented the crunch of the bacon. The eggs and tomatoes worked well with each other too, and provided a juicy and warm sensation as I bit into the sandwich.
As of now, I still prefer Doc Chey’s the most out of any restaurant in Emory Village, mostly because of the cheap prices and the amount of food you can get for less than ten bucks. However, with the new noodle house coming in soon, the thrown can be once again be usurped. I will just have to wait and see… 

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, what sad news! Wonderful World was one of my favorite places in the Village. But, no one ever went there and it was always empty, so it doesn't surprise me that they have closed. And, another noodle house? Seriously? Otherwise, this is a nice review of Rise-n-Dine with a beautiful photo. That sandwich looks and, from your description, sounds wonderful! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete